|Orange Salad with pomergranate|
The secret of a good winter salad is to mix these vegetables with some warm ingredients, like pasta, chicken, fish or warm roast tomatoes like the following Butter bean salad.
More: Season Vegetables in Winter
Butter bean salad Serves 4 Kcal 116
You need: 800g canned butter beans (drained and rinsed) – 400g cherry tomatoes – 1 garlic clove (crushed) – 150g salad bag of spinach and rocket and / or watercress – 1tbsp thyme leaves.
3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil plus 2 tbsp sherry vinegar for the vinaigrette
Rustic bread to serve - Oven at 200º C
1. Whisk the olive oil and sherry in a bowl, add the rinsed butterbeans, mix, season and set aside.
2. Arrange the tomatoes in a baking tray, and add 1tbsp of olive oil, sprinkle over the garlic and thymes leaves. Roast for 15 minutes. Let to cool down for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile while add the salad leaves to the butter beans bowl, then add the tomatoes.
4. Put in 2 slices of rustic or ciabatta bread on each plates and top with the salad.
Grape and chicken salad Serves 4 - Kcal 570
You need: 4 chicken fillets – 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar – 4 tbsp olive oil – 300g Sourdough bread – 200g grapes – 2tbsp honey – 2 tbsp tarragon (chopped) – 50g baby spinach leaves – 2tbsp flaked almonds.
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1. Rub 1 tsp. of smoked paprika, salt and pepper all over the chicken fillet(s). If you have time cover with cling film for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a large saucepan in a medium low heat. Cook slowly the chicken fillet until is done (about 10-15 minutes). Set aside and keep warm
3. In the same pan add the grapes, 2 tbsp of olive oil, honey and balsamic vinegar, down the heat to a minimum. Add a splash of water and with a wooden spoon scrape the saucepan bottom. Simmer for 1 minute. Turn off and add the tarragon.
4. Slice each of the chicken breast and serve on the plates, and then arrange the spinach leaves with the grapes and tarragon. Sprinkle over the flake almonds.
Also in winter salad can be a great side dish or a first dish for refresh our palate from stews and rich winter dishes.
Pomegranate and orange salad Serves 4 - Kcal 45
You need: 1 pomegranate - 4 medium oranges, ¼ tsp ground cinnamon – 1/4 tbsp. of chopped mint leaves, plus leaves to decorate.
1.Shell out the pomegranate keeping all the possible juices. Then peel the oranges and slice them.
2.Set the oranges slices in individual plates, sprinkle over a bit of the ground cinnamon and then sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds and some of the mint. Decorate with mint leaves. Serve!
Bresaola with rocket and parmesan Serves 4 Kcal 215
You need: 250g rocket salad bag – 350g bresaola ham (sliced) - 75g parmesan (grated) - 3tsp truffle oil – 4 tbsp olive oil – 3 tbsp lemon juice.
1. In a small bowl mix the olive oil with the lemon juice. Season and set aside.
2. Already in the serving dishes, set the rocket leaves and gently mix in the bresaola slices.
3. Now whisk together the olive oil with the truffle oil, (taste first just in case the truffle oil is too strong) and pour over the rocket and bresaola.
4. Sprinkle over some parmesan in each plate. Serve!