Thursday 2 February 2012

Easy Salad for a gum infection


The last week I went to a restaurant in Brighton and  very crispy prawns caused a Gum infection, at the beginning I didn't give too much attention because  I wasn't felling any pain at all and I didn't feel that I had any food stuck, so I was taking care cleaning my mouth with toothpaste and mouthwash.

But I was wrong, 4 day later after I had for dinner a Galician Turnover for my next Spanish Turnover Special, I started to feel some pain, so I took Ibuprofen and went to sleep. I awoke at 3 Am of the morning with an unbearable pain, even worse than any toothache I had suffered (lucky just one in my life). So was impossible to sleep and pretty soon I find out that wheat and caffeine (Ibuprofen has) are very bad when you have a gum infection. The only good news was that I was sure that the gum infection was caused by the food. Hopefully I had just the medication that is needed in this case and I went to sleep.

Two day later my dentist in Brighton, cleaned my mouth and confirmed that I had a little piece of prawn shell stuck in my gum.
When I came back I was very happy and also very hungry, the past day I didn't manage to have too much food, I still I don't feel confident to have pasta, cake or steak, after 2 days eating soups, juices and some chicken that I managed (eat protein with gum infection really help you) I really was looking for something tasty and nutritive, I was thinking in my vegetarian cottage pie leftovers but I really wanted something refreshing, so I make for myself an easy tasty salad that really challenge my best Winter Salads.

Easy Salad recipe


You need for 2 serves: 50g salad leaves - 4 milano salami - 2 boiled eggs - 3tbsp of olive plus 1/2 tbsp of truffle oil for the dressing.

1. For the dressing mix the two oils and season. Set aside
2. Boil your eggs just for 6 minutes if you like them a bit runny. Let them cool down and cut in quarters.
3. Already in the serving plates, spread the salad leaves and salami, sprinkle with the dressing and top with the quarter eggs. Easy, healthy and tasty!



Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I'm thinking that could have turned into a bad infection. Next time you feel like another great green salad check these out.
    http://www.easy-salad-recipe.com/green-salad-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete