|My clam risotto with razor clams|
Yesterday in the Hove Fish market when I saw the whole kilogram of clams for just 9 pounds, I thought will be a good idea try one day the recipe, but when I saw as well in the fish counter the razor clams, was like a will have definitely a Seafood risotto for lunch.
|Let absorb well all the stock|
1. In a saucepan heat 2 tbsp of olive oil at medium heat, then add one of the sliced garlic, and parsley, stir and add the clams with 50ml white wine. Bring the heat to a medium high, cover and wait until the clams opens. Between 4-5 minutes is the most usual time. Set aside
2. In a wide saucepan. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil at medium heat, add the remaining garlic and mixed mushrooms, cook for 3 minutes, and then add the rice, stir the rice until is well coated in the oil and cook for one extra minute. Add 50ml of wine, let absorb.
3. Then add one ladleful of stock, stir a couple of times and once the stock has been absorbed add the next ladleful. Repeat the same process until the rice is creamy and has a bite. More or less take between 17 to 20 minutes. If you need more stock just add a bit of hot water.
|Grill razor clams are just delicious in their own|
5. Two minutes before the rice is done add the mascarpone cheese, mix very well and add the clams with all the juices in the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and plenty black ground pepper.
6. Serve the risotto and mushrooms in individual plates, garnish with chopped tarragon and top each plate with a razor clam and a sprinkle of olive oil.