|Traditional and nutritional Spanish stew in a quick way|
So I created a quick stew recipe from the traditional Spanish stew mix of spinach and chickpeas.
You need x 4 Serves: 2 onions (peeled and almost minced) 2 garlic cloves (also minced) – 2 tomatoes (peeled and chopped) – 2 bay leaves – 70g pancetta (chopped ) – 150g Spanish chorizo (roughly chopped) – 250g fresh spinach (or frozen) – 1 x400g can of chickpeas (washed and rinsed) – 1tbsp Spanish mild paprika.
|Using canned products is a great way to save time in your kitchen|
1. Add 4 tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan with the minced garlic and onions, heat at a medium low heat for 7 minutes. Stir very often.2. Meanwhile put the kattle on and wash the spinach under cold running water. Pour the hot water in a big bowl with a tbsp of salt. Move in the spinach for 1 minute. Then drain the spinach and set aside reserving 400ml of the water – you can use the remaining hot water to peel the tomatoes –
3. After 7 minutes add the pancetta and chorizo and cook for 3 minutes, then add the paprika, stir with a wooden spoon for 1 extra minute. Season with fresh ground pepper
4. Cover all the ingredients with the reserved water and wait until slowly bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Then add the chickpeas and simmer for 3 extra minutes, then the spinach’s, cover the pan and further cook for 2 minutes. (if you like you can chop the spinach’s before the final cooking)
6. Season the stew with salt and pepper and serve in a soup dish.