|This salad is full of freshness, perfect for a side dish for all the Christmas meats|
1. For the dressing mix 6 tbsp. of olive oil with 3 tbsp. of Modena vinegar plus 1 tbsp. of chopped spring onion. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside in a sauce jar or similar.
2. In a big salad bowl mix very well the rest of the ingredients and the remaining spring onion.
3. Cover with a cling film and chill in the fridge for ½ an hour.
4. Serve: on the Christmas table put the salad and dressing for separate, so everyone can season his salad at his taste and also the salad without the dressing will keep a fresh look.
Honey glazed carrots and parsnips
|Add sweetness to the traditional roast veggies|
1. Peel the carrots and parsnips, then cut them in quarters (lengthways)
2. In a bowl mix the mustard, honey and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix very well and toss in the vegetables, coat them very well.
3. Put in a hot oven tray and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
Heston brussels sprouts
|A Heston Blumenthal recipe for Waitrose. Photo by Kevandy|
1. Slice the bases from the Brussels sprouts and carefully separates the leaves from the sprouts.
2. Fry the bacon in a frying pan, until soft. Drain in a kitchen paper, set aside.
3. In the same frying pan with the bacon fat melt the butter, in a medium low heat, when the butter is foaming add the Brussels sprouts leaves. Stir until coat very well.
4. Add 2 tbsp. of water, lid on and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the bacon in. Season. Serve.