|Courgette ready to be grated|
In summer in our obsession to look well for the summer holidays and with the warm days we eat less quantities and more salads and also a lot of protein given is BBQ season and perhaps we set aside some pasta and rice dishes but our body still needing their carbohydrates. So I give you two recipes that mix plenty of Vitamin A and B, manganese and potassium from the courgettes and a good doses of carbohydrates for balance our nutritional diet in those more chilli lunch-times summer days. Both dishes are over 500kcal.
240g risotto rice
1 medium onion (chopped)
About 1 litre of vegetable stock (warm)
2 tbsp. each of fresh parsley, basil leaves, chives, tarragon, and mint leaves (all chopped) and 40g parmesan (grated)
1. First chop in cubes 3 courgettes and then grate the rest with the thicker surface of the grater.
2. Heat half of the butter in a wide pan and add the chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes in a medium-low heat and then add the grated courgettes.
3. In a another pan mix 1 tbsp. of olive oil with 15g of butter, when is hot add the cubed courgettes and cook in a medium high heat, until they are soft and start to get a brown colour. Stir time to time. When are ready just keep aside.
4. Add the rice to the pan with the onion and mix very well. After 1 minute pour the wine and simmer until the wine is absorb.
5. Now add a ladleful of the stock and stir slowly a couple of time repeat the process until the rice is cook. By experience always take between 15 to 18 minutes. When you are thinking that the risotto could be ready, with a teaspoon taste 1-2 grains of rice for know how much stock will need.
6. After you add the last ladleful of stock stir a couple of time, let to reduce the stock by half and add the herbs, rest of the butter and half of the parmesan cheese. Stir all very well, season , and let rest for 3 minutes.
7. Serve and garnish with extra parsley and the rest of the parmesan.
Courgette Pasta Bake.
|Courgette pasta bake|
300g macaroni pasta
3 courgettes (grated)
8 cherry tomatoes (halved)
300g half-fat crème fraîche
140g light mature cheddar (gratted)
2 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ grated nutmeg.
1 tbsp. thymes leaves
For the topping 5tbsp breadcrumbs -½ tbsp paprika -1 garlic clove (grated) . Oven at 200ºC
1. Cook the macaroni pasta following the instructions packet less 2 minutes.
2. In a big bowl mix the crème fraîche, courgettes, mustard, thyme leaves, 100g of the cheese and 2 tbsp. of the pasta water. And finely add the pasta. Mix very well.
3. Transfer the pasta mix to ovenproof dish and top with the cherry tomatoes and the rest of the cheese.
4. Now combine the breadcrumbs, garlic and paprika and scatter over the pasta.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes, and ready to serve!