Fact 3: After humans, foxes are the greatest chicken predators.
Recipe 3: Chicken with garlic and apple juice
1 large chicken ready to cook
30 garlic cloves (skin on)
3 bay leaves
3 rosemary sprig
3 lemons, using juice and zest.
60ml olive oil
130 ml apple juice
457 kcal / 4 serving
1. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon inside the chicken, and add the rosemary as well in the cavity.
2. Mix 130 apple juice with juice of another 1 lemon, and mix with the olive oil. Brush the mixture over the chicken skin. Set aside the rest of the mixture.
3. Season the chicken and put in in the oven for 20 minutes, best with some of the dressing mixture.
4. Put the chicken in the oven again for another 20 minutes but reducing the temperature at 200ºC.
5. Remove the chicken again from the oven, turn over and baste with more of the dressing mixture. Now put the garlic in the bottom of the baking dish, with the lemon zest and bay leaves, and cook for another half an hour.
6. Remove the chicken from the oven, check the meat is cooked ( no pink meat) and put the chicken in a dish, cover with foil and let rest for 20 minutes.
7. Put the remaining juices from the baking dish in a pan at medium heat. Bring to boil and reduce by half.
8. Serve pieces of the chicken with your favourite sides dishes, and pour some of the sauce over the chicken.
Fact 4: The chicken eyes act independently, right eye look for food, and left look for predator or prey.
Recipe 4: Chicken with chickpeas
6-8 chicken thighs
2 red onions (in wedges)
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g can chick peas (drained)
1 ½ tsp Spanish paprika
6 garlic cloves (skin on)
A bunch of parsley (chopped)
Oven 200ºC 410 kCal /4 serving
1. Put the chicken in a roasting tin with onion and garlic, sprinkle over the paprika, season and drizzle with olive oil. Now rub everything very well.
2. Roast for 25 minutes, being sure all the thighs are skin-side up.
3. Stir in around the chicken thighs tomatoes and chick peas. And back to the oven for 15 minutes
4. When the meats are ready remove from the oven and scatter the parsley. Serve, no side dish are needed, but a crispy salad will be nice and plenty bread for wet in the sauce.